11.5 Replying to a Message
Basically, replying to a message is the same as composing a new one. The only difference is the lack of need to specify the recipient's email address, for it is placed automatically, as well as a title. For example, if the original message was entitled "hello", the reply title is "Re: hello".
To reply to a message:
- Make sure you are logged in and go to the "Email" page.
- In the "Inbox" folder, view the message you want reply to by clicking on its return address in the "From" column.
- In the Message Menu, click "Reply". If the message you are replying to was sent to several people, you may want to simultaneously reply to all its recipients. For that purpose, click "Reply All" in the the Message Menu.
- Write a message as you would usually do.
- Click the "Send" button either above or under the text ares to send the message.
- On the confirmation screen, choose what you want to do: to return to the message you have answered to, to move it to some other folder or to delete it. Also, you have an option to open the next message (according to the way of sorting currently chosen) of the current folder by clicking on the "Next Message" button. This button is only seen if there is at least one more message in the current folder.
Written on 2003-08-29 14:49:46 and updated on 2005-03-04 09:40:20.