7.4.6 Sorting Photos in an Album
Normally, photos are added to an album in the order you upload them, but if you want to rearrange (to sort) them by filename (alphabetic or numeric), title or upload date, you can do that at any time.
When rearranging photos, it is possible to specify their ascending/descending order. For example, ascending-order arrangement by upload date lists older photos first and newer ones last; ascending-order arrangement by title puts photos, whose titles start with "A", in the beginning of the list and those with "Z" in the end. Also, sorting photos in an album can be done manually.
To sort photos in an album:
- View the album containing the photos to be sorted.
- When in a photo-thumbnail view, click "Rearrange Photos" link in the Album Menu of the Member Panel.
- Select the way of sorting the photos in the "Sort photos in album:" field and specify the order of their displaying.
- To sort the photos manually, select "Manual".
- Click "OK" to sort the photos or "Cancel" to go back to your album view. Unless you chose manual sorting, your photos are now rearranged.
- If you selected manual rearrangement, you get to the "Sorting Photos in Album Manually" screen with the list of photos' thumbnails and a "new position:" field under each thumbnail. Specify a new position number for each photo and click "Rearrange" button beneath.
Written on 2004-09-02 03:38:47 and updated on 2005-03-14 09:35:07.