17.1 Official Contest Rules
- Fotki Photo Contests are open to all Fotki Members (Fotki employees are not eligible). There are no age limit restrictions except where prohibited by law.
- To submit a photo and to vote on contest entries you have to be logged-in to Fotki.
- Photos can be submitted only between start and end dates only.
- You may submit only one entry per contest.
- Unless specific conditions are given, both color and black and white photos are accepted. Photos must be in JPEG format; photo's largest side must have least 700-pixel length.
- Entries must be submitted by the original photographer. You must be the sole owner of the copyright of the photo you submit. The use of public domain images is prohibited.
- When submitting a photo of a recognizable person, you must have a signed model release form. A copy of this form should be send to Fotki by mail or by fax upon request.
- Photos must be appropriate for public display. Obscene, provocative, disturbing or otherwise inappropriate photos will be removed from the contest without warning. Fotki has sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
- Winners will be posted shortly after the voting ends.
- Contest themes can be picked by the Fotki staff or suggested by Fotki members except in sponsor contests for which the theme is given by the sponsor.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- By submitting a photo to a Fotki contest, you give Fotki the right to display the photo anywhere within the Fotki domain and to resize, convert and recompress the photo for viewing convenience and/or faster loading.
- Fotki reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or any portion of a contest without notice if factors beyond control, including technical difficulties, disrupt or corrupt the fair or secure administration or operation of the contest. Void where prohibited.
- Fotki is entitled to interpret the Rules as needed and its decisions are final.
- The Rules are subject to change without notice. You are advised to familiarize yourself with the Rules every time you participate in a Fotki contest.
A photo may be removed from the contest by the Contest Control Team, if:
- It is obscene, provocative, disturbing or otherwise inappropriate for public display.
- It is clearly off-topic.
- It is submitted up side down or sideways, unless such was the intention of the photographer.
- A complaint is received about unauthorized use of the identity of the model(s) featured in the photo.
- The ownership of the participant is questioned in any manner.
- The participant uses defamatory, offensive or disrespectful language when referring to another participant's entry.
Fotki retains the discretion to use fair judgment in making the decision concerning disqualification of a particular photo.
Limitation of liability
- Fotki will not be responsible for any claims or complaints from models used in winning photographs should these photographs be published or exhibited. Participants guarantee that they have the right to submit their entries and have obtained any necessary permissions. When a third party files a claim or complaint, all ensuing responsibilities, including any costs incurred, rest solely upon the participant.
- Fotki is not responsible for computer system, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures or delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Furthermore, Fotki is not responsible for: (i) lost, misdirected, misplaced, mishandled, corrupted or incomplete entries or (ii) any act, failure to act or delay regarding the transmitting or processing of entries.
- By participating in the contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Fotki and its employees, officers, affiliates, agents and advertising and promotional agencies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this contest, including infringement of intellectual property rights. Fotki and its employees, affiliates, agents and business partners assume no responsibility or liability for any damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions or losses of any kind arising in whole or in part from contests at Fotki.
Written on 2003-08-25 15:52:47 and updated on 2007-11-09 11:25:06.