12.4 Exporting a Contact
You can use your Fotki address book on another website or in another email browser. For that purpose, you have to export it:
- Make sure you are logged in and go to your "Address Book".
- You will get to the "Browse Contacts" screen with the list of your address-book contacts. Click "Export" in the Address Book Menu.
- Specify the list separator for your country. A list separator is a symbol which separates entries in a list. Most commonly, it is comma (",") or semicolon (";"). For USA, "," is recommended, other countries may also use ";". Click "Continue".
- A browser window will prompt you to specify a name for your file. Navigate the contents of your computer to select the location of your address-book file and specify a name for it. Click "Save" when done. The saved address-book file will be of *.csv type.
- Click "Cancel" to go back to your Fotki Address Book.
- To import the saved file to another website or email application, go to that site and proceed with import as directed in that site's help file.
Written on 2003-09-02 13:38:36 and updated on 2005-03-16 08:29:20.