21.2.1 Norton Internet Security 2002
When default Norton Internet Security (NIS) settings are used, NIS mistakes all your thumbnails for ads and blocks them. You can change settings of your NIS 2002 to permit the Fotki.com to use banners. To do that, please follow the instructions (the steps may slightly vary depending on the NIS version):
- Click "Options" on the top of your NIS screen, choose "Internet Security" from the menu.v
- Click "Advanced Options...".
- Click "Add Site" in the lower left corner.
- In the newly open window, type "fotki.com", click "OK".
- Click "fotki.com" in the list (left column), then click "Add..." on your right.
- In the "Add new HTML string" window, enter "fotki.com", then click "Permit".
- "Fotki.com" will appear in the list (right column) with a "Permit" flag. Click "OK" to save changes.
This should take care of the problem. If the problem persists after that, click the "Ad Blocking" button in the left column of the main NIS screen and disable all ad blocking. If that doesn't help either, contact us.
Written on 2003-09-06 04:10:07 and updated on 2006-07-20 08:21:55.