21.2.2 Norton Personal Firewall 2003
When default settings are used, Norton Personal Firewall (NPF) mistakes thumbnails for ads and blocks them. You can disable ad blocking for Fotki.com by doing the following (the steps may slightly vary depending on the NPF version):
- Click "Options" on the top of your NPF screen and choose "Personal Firewall" from the menu.
- Click "Web Content" tab on top of the page.
- Click "Add Site" in the lower left corner.
- In the newly open window, type "fotki.com" and click "OK".
- Click "fotki.com" in the list on your left, then click the "Ad Blocking" tab in the upper right corner.
- Type "fotki.com" into the window, check the "Permit" checkbox on your left and click "OK".
- "Fotki.com" will appear in the list (right column) with a "Permit" flag. Click "OK" to save changes.
This should inprove the problem. If the problem persists after that, disable all ad blocking for your NPF by clicking "Ad Blocking" on the main NPF screen (make sure that the corresponding checkbox gets unchecked). If that doesn't help either, contact us.
Written on 2003-09-15 14:55:25 and updated on 2006-07-20 08:22:37.